Between: Calyx Group Pty Limited ABN 25 083 195 804 trading as Koha for Schools; and
Customer: You approve this SLA by using the Koha for Schools service; if you do not approve of the terms of this SLA then you may not use the service.
Version: 1.1 – 27 January 2017
1. Agreement Overview
This Agreement represents a Service Level Agreement (“SLA” or “Agreement”) between Koha for Schools and Customers for the provisioning of IT services required to support and sustain the service.
This Agreement remains valid until superseded by a revised agreement notified by Koha for Schools.
This Agreement outlines the parameters of all IT services covered as they are mutually understood by the primary stakeholders. This Agreement does not supersede current processes and procedures unless explicitly stated herein.
2. Goals & Objectives
The purpose of this Agreement is to ensure that the proper elements and commitments are in place to provide consistent IT service support and delivery to the Customer(s) by the Service Provider(s).
The goal of this Agreement is to obtain mutual agreement for IT service provision between the Service Provider and Customer(s).
The objectives of this Agreement are to:
- Provide clear reference to service ownership, accountability, roles and/or responsibilities.
- Present a clear, concise and measurable description of service provision to the customer.
- Match perceptions of expected service provision with actual service support & delivery.
3. Periodic Review
Koha for Schools will review this document annually.
Any changes to the document will be advised to Customer(s) in the next Koha for Schools newsletter.
Date of previous review: January 2017
Date of next review: January 2018
4. Customer Responsibilities
- Maintain a current subscription to Koha for Schools;
- Nominate an authorised contact person to receive all communications from Koha for Schools including Support related communications;
- Use authorised communication channels to request Support, being:
- By using the web request form (link provided to paying customers); or
- By telephone to 02 9437 4848;
- Direct email to a Koha for Schools team member is not a reliable method of requesting support.
- Where relevant, provide a screen shot of the reported problem.
5. Service Provider Responsibilities
Koha for Schools shall:
- maintain the service in accordance with the agreed service levels;
- respond to incidents in accordance with the agreed response times;
- provide advice to customer of incident resolution / status;
- provide notice to customer of instances of planned maintenance and software upgrades.
6. Scope of Service
The following are in scope:
- 6.1 Service availability
- 6.2 Telephone support
- 6.3 Web Request Form support
- 6.4 Software upgrades
- 6.5 Planned Maintenance
6.1 Service Availability
- Koha for Schools offers a 99.5% uptime guarantee
- In any month when uptime is less than 99.5%, we will, upon request from customer, refund 50% of the service fee for that month
- Our suppliers offer us a 30 minute response time for hardware failure and 100% Network uptime guarantee; our 99.5% uptime guarantee to you provides allowance for service interruption associated with software maintenance and upgrades
- Of course, we cannot guarantee availability of the public internet.
6.2 Telephone Support
- The Koha for Schools telephone number will be attended from 9am to 5pm on business days in Sydney
- Calls received out of office hours will be forwarded to a mobile phone and best efforts will be made to answer / action the call, however there will be a backup answer phone service
- Telephone support is limited to 15 minutes per incident; thereafter the matter will be escalated to a support ticket for resolution in accordance with Web Request Form support procedures
- Customer may not use telephone support as a substitute for training.
6.3 Web Request Form Support
- Faults in the service may be advised at any time (24/7 ) by Web Request Form; these requests automatically raise a ticket in Koha for Schools work ticketing system and an acknowledgement is forwarded to Customer
- Koha for Schools personnel will respond within 4 hours
- Requests received out of hours will be responded to within four hours of commencement of the next business day
- Any issue not resolved within one business day will be escalated to the next support level – customer will be informed of the reason for escalation and expected time for resolution
- Support consists of explanation of a circumstance, directing customer to documentation or other resources and rectification of a circumstance caused by the actions of Koha for Schools personnel
- Support does not include new configuration or rectification of problems arising from an act or omission of the customer (including a failure to comply with any documentation or instructions provided or made available by Koha for Schools) or any unauthorised access to Koha by any person. These services are available at our hourly rates.
6.4 Software Upgrades
- Koha for Schools will apply two feature upgrades per annum
- Software upgrades require that the service be made unavailable for several hours and therefore are scheduled out of hours
- Customer will be provided with at least 5 business days notice of an upgrade, with a summary of new features to be made available and access to the Release Notes for the relevant version of Koha
- Koha for Schools may apply a Security Upgrade without notice – such upgrades will not result in a change of Koha major feature version.
- There is no extra charge for software upgrades, however it is possible that a future upgrade may require changes to configuration and/or data beyond the scope of the present service. Should such a requirement arise, Koha for Schools will consult with Customer before applying the upgrade.
6.5 Planned Maintenance
- Other circumstances may arise requiring the service to be suspended for planned maintenance. Koha for Schools will use its best efforts to provide up to five days notice of any such event.
- Where practical, planned maintenance is performed out of hours.