What is Koha for Schools?
the world leading Library Management System built with open source software and nurtured by librarians around the world.
in Australia in a professionally managed cloud.
in a manner typically useful for Australian schools;
and able to be further customised by you.
Ready for integration
with content providers including SCIS, Overdrive, Amazon, Library Thing and others;
and with RFID equipment and any devices or services that communicate using SIP2.
Documented and fully supported
with a full online manual and instructional videos;
regular software upgrades, responsive mailing lists and paid support options.
low monthly fee;
no setup fee (but charges apply for data conversion and some optional services);
no long term contract;
no exit fee and no charge to return your data to you.
Who is Koha for Schools for?
Koha for Schools is provided for Australian schools seeking off-site management of a modern, fully featured and flexible library management system.
Pre-configuration of system preferences and some administrative parameters enables rapid deployment whilst retaining the flexibility to further configure the system to your particular needs.
Koha will scale and so is suitable for schools of all sizes, from the smallest to large, multi-campus colleges.
Koha for Schools is not suitable for large school consortia only because you will have additional requirements. Contact us for more details.
The Koha for Schools service is provided over the internet. Koha will also run very effectively on a local computer or LAN, but that is not this service. If you are in an area with slow or unreliable connection to the internet, contact us to discuss your options.
What does the service include?
Koha for Schools is a fully managed Library Management System solution designed to provide library managers with peace of mind and the tools they need to support student learning and manage library operations. Here’s what you get:
- Koha library management system
- responsive, attractive and customisable OPAC to promote student engagement
- students log in to OPAC (optional) to manage their loans, reserves, reading history and wish lists
- modules for borrower management, circulation, cataloguing with or without authority control, reporting, course reserves, serials management and more
- Z39.50 client
- Lists feature enables easy creation of subject guides and research pathfinders; also use Public Reports feature, Course Reserves and Links from the OPAC to direct students to particular content
- manage equipment or school archives via the catalogue (define additional item types, collections and locations as you require; tailor your cataloguing frameworks to suit)
- email notices for circulation alerts and overdues
- all administrative parameters and over 400 system preferences under your control
- ability to work in multiple tabs, on one record or in separate modules
- online help pages plus full online manual
- Help Desk
- Monthly link checks and notification for 856$u
- ready for integration with third party products, content and systems: SCIS, EBSCO, Overdrive, other content providers, Active Directory, Google Authentication or any service using SIP2
- modern web based technology throughout
- regular software upgrades to give you access to the latest features and enhancements
- Tier 3 data centre located in Sydney, providing quality hardware, data replication and backup, bandwidth, pro-active security management and uptime guarantee
- low monthly price
- no long term contract and no vendor lock-in
What is the cost?
Koha for schools is available for a comprehensive monthly charge. There is no setup fee, no license fee and no exit fee. The monthly charge is graded to acknowledge the greater complexity and (on average) larger data storage requirements of larger schools.
|Monthly Cost of Koha for Schools||Cost Including GST|
|Enrolment to 400 students||$149.00|
|Enrolment from 401 to 1,000 students||$209.00|
|Enrolment above 1,000 students||$299.00|
The Koha for Schools pricing offered on this website is available only for Australian schools and only for orders placed through the website. If you have other needs, please contact us for an obligation-free discussion.
Note that, depending on your circumstances, you may wish to purchase optional services such as data conversion, training or systems integration services. These services are not included in the standard monthly fee but are available at extra cost. Consult our price list for precise information.
Who provides Koha for Schools?
Koha for Schools is a business name of Calyx Group Pty Limted ABN 25 083 195 804 of North Sydney, Australia.
CALYX has provided Koha services in Australia since 2003. We are Koha specialists and participate in the governance of the world wide Koha project.
With staff in Sydney and Melbourne, we have customers from Fiji to the Kimberley. Our hosting infrastructure is in Sydney.
Visit our website …. https://calyx.net.au